Friday 15 May 2009

You need enough blood to run a race.

Recently, i gave blood for the first time. It felt strange, but in all fairness i think it was probably worth it.
I would recommend it, unless of course you are Alan O'Brien, in which case, no one wants your Irish curry-ridden blood. No offense, but the potato famine was hilarious.

But thats not the point. I was scheduled to run the Ivybridge 10k the day after. I thought i'd be fine, but i wasn't. It really wasn't cool. How dare the NHS steal an eighth of my circulation for a good cause!

After 1k: "Hmm, this is strange, i don't feel like i'm running as fast as i usually do..."

After 2k: "Oh god, a hill. Ugh, its huge... energy... failing..."

After 3k: How interesting. All of the blood has disappeared from my hands and feet..."

After 4k: "I can't feel my feet! My legs hurt!"

After 5k: "Screw this, i'm gonna slow down and finish the race with my health intact"

After 6k: "I can't see the guy i was chasing anymore. How depressing."

After 7k: "I'm glad i slowed down a bit. running is hard when YOUV'E GOT NO GOD DAMN BLOOD!

After 8k: "Oh, there goes James Dent. He'll be pleased he has beaten me. Wait til he finds out i'm not even trying. hehe."

After 9k: "My energy is ... sadly LESS THEN 9000..."

After 10k: "Glad thats over. I'll go to sleep so i can make some more blood for next time"

I finished at 40 minutes 1 second. thats about 4 minutes off pace for me! but about 8 minutes off PINEHOUSE

1 comment: