Friday 10 July 2009

Rowntrees (not) Randoms.

Building on a point made earlier by my good friend Ricky, he is indeed right when he states that Rowntrees so called 'randoms' are most definately not random.
They are in fact only as random as any other packet of run-of-the-mill sweets. There is a set amount of moulds that represent seemingly unlinked objects to make gelatin based confectionary.

However, I spotted a flaw already.

Just the fact that these objects were chosen for this product, groups them as pseudo-random objects. Strike one.

a striking difference between randoms and regular sweets, is the lack of theme. I'm fairly sure that is what they were going for. Even so, it is a poor choice of name. As we have already established, they are not random, so the most reasonable name is "Rowntree's non-themed gelatin moulds". strike two.


Finally, strike three, you always get more than one 'ice cream'... I rest my case. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment