Tuesday 7 June 2011

Accordion-based Shenanigans part 1

Shenanigans. Great word.

Anyway, I realised that everyone has an uncle or older male relative that plays the accordion and always comes up with terrible puns. When I am older, I will BE that uncle. I have got the terrible puns bit down (ask any of my friends) but as for the actual playing of the accordion, I'm not exactly the next Mozart.

I do recall a long time ago, I made a blog post about trying to learn the accordion. However, that old accordion I was using had a number of malfunctions:

1. It didn't work.
2. ... I think I have summed it all up in point one.

Well this accordion I am using is better. Mostly for the reason: it functions as an accordion. Unfortunately it isn't mine, it is actually George's. But he is letting me borrow it until he wants it back, so thats pretty slick.

The old accordion I was using was an Italian-made Alvari, which pre-dated world war 2. And you could tell, due to the obvious level of disrepair. This one is a Japanese-made "Parrot" accordion.


I have been told these are usually put together very well and are pretty decent. I trust Japanese craftsmanship. After all, they built the first Game Boy, and mine still works like new.


Part 2 of this blog post will be a video of me playing some tunes I have learned, so watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Parrot accordions are made in China...

    ReplyDelete