Saturday 4 February 2012

Green Ginger Wine and a potential SNOW DAY

As I write, snow is falling outside Sibly Hall. Rather heavily. Not unlike the snowfall I saw at Bath University nigh on two years ago while I remained a resident at Eastwood 4. So, having received this information, prepare yourself for a potential blog post about the fact I'm snowed in tomorrow!

Also as I write now, I am leisurely enjoying a glass of my new favourite non-ale drink, ginger wine. Having had a fairly recent review of my spending habits, I decided I was purchasing far too many expensive (i.e. in town) drinks, spending too much on taxis to places, and going to clubs too often. Fortunately for my wallet, I have massively cut back on these activities this term.

Amongst the cutbacks have been about a 75% reduction in club-going, and thats good so far. However, as a student, I feel obliged to show my face at the regular parties and at least have something to drink- so, i'm left with a dilemma.

But all is not lost. Whilst browsing around ASDA early this year, I discovered "Green Ginger Wine". Now, I thought, "I like the taste of ginger, so it can't be that bad".

I was right! Ginger Wine is delicious! My basic review of my expenditure looked at my reasons for purchasing things. When I looked at money spent on alcohol, I had to be honest with myself. If I'm buying alcohol with the intent of going to a party, why exactly am I buying it? As much as I would like to say its because I like the taste, that isn't the case. It is obviously because you want to become slighty inebriated (whilst not going overboard) and have a cracking time.

Did I mention Ginger Wine is the same percentage as regular wine, more delicious, and... £3 per bottle... Lasts me for ages...


So now I spend almost nothing on alcohol compared to first term. IDEAL. Oh, and having looked out the window again, in the time it has taken me to type this, the snow is falling even heavier. WAHOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment