Tuesday 28 April 2009

don't get caught carrying a gun around school

Today was highly eventful to say the least. If you want a tip for the future, don't get caught carrying a gun around school.

This might be easier to do in script form...

Wade: Hey, Duffield, you know my art project is 'art in literature'? Well, i need some help taking some photos in order to re-create some of the drawings from the 'sin city' graphic novel. I'm trying to compile a photo board or something.

Me: Ok, i'm in. So you just need some shots of me carrying a gun or in a trenchcoat?

Wade: Yeah, basically. My dad let me borrow his plastic air pistol as a prop to use. Don't worry, its unarmed and stuff.

Me: Cool, see you later then.

(We go outside to the back of school (for a decent backdrop) to take pictures during our art lesson. Up until this point, the pistol has been stored in Miss Jago's cupboard in her knowledge, so nobody gets the wrong idea. The photos turn out fine, we make our way back to the art room.)

(Lunchtime)

Mr. Owers, Headmaster: Has anyone seen Jamie Duffield?

Me: Thats me. What's going on? (Distinct sound of oo0oo, he's in trouble) Am i in trouble?

Owers: No, your fine, come with me for a minute.
(Exit art room)
Owers: But in all seriousness the police are here. One of the kitchen staff saw you out the window with a gun, so I had to call the police.

Me: Ohh.. yeah. theres a decent explanation for that.

Owers: I hope so. I mean, I'm sure there is.
(Enter Owers' office, greeted by stern policemen)

(An explanation ensues about the nature of the gun's use for art, and an identification on me by the kitchen staff who saw me. It comes down to the fact it is not my gun, and i go to fetch wade...

(Enter art room)
Me: Hey dude- the police are here about the gun... Someone saw us! typical..

Wade: Oh...

(Enter Ower's office)

Wade: Sorry, this is my fault, it was my dad's gun. (another explanation on why it is in school) It is still locked in the art teacher's cupboard though.

Owers: Right, i'll give them a buzz and tell them to send it down so we can have a look.

(Mrs James (head of art) appears with the gun)

Mrs James: UH, ITS LIKE NOT OUR FAULT AND STUFF, YEAH. MISS JAGO THOUGHT IT WAS LIKE A REPLICA AND THAT, BUT ITS LIKE REAL AND NOT OUR FAULT- JAMES- ITS HIS! ITS ALL HIS FAULT AND NOT OURS- HE TOOK IT INTO SCHOOL WITHOUT TELLING US- SERIOUS MISTAKE- WE HAD LIKE NO IDEA AND STUFF (asses covered)

(Exit (hasty) Mrs James)

All in all, the police examine the gun and decide we are not the types to have loaded guns in school. There was no ammunition and it is not classed as a lethal weapon. Silly to bring it in school though and cause the cops to miss their jam sandwiches. Owers was angry and amused and relieved, Mrs James wins the blame shifter prize, and the police went on their way.

Don't you think that wavelengths of lights that bounce off gun shaped objects always hit people's eyes when you don't want them to?

No comments:

Post a Comment