Saturday 28 November 2009

The Disaster Blog.

So there you go, the rumours are true. I was being a prat and accidentally deleted a months worth of blog posts. Don't even ask what I was trying to do. Just the fact they ended up deleted. Try as I may to recover them, unfortunately there were no cached URLs for my blog, so none can be found on any internet archives. Also as another twist to this already horrible plot- the very day before I wiped my SD card on my camera to make space for new blog pictures. so none of the old photos could be retrieved either...

The only thing I can do to resolve this is to produce a list for future reference
of things that have happened in the last month.
  • I played a match of unicycle hockey, and scored three goals in the process
  • I rode a 36" unicycle called a 'coker' and i also rode a 6" mini unicycle
  • I had a gap from blogging to paint some eldar harlequins (warhammer)
  • Oli spent an 'undisclosed' amount of money on warhammer
  • i had Irish stew with an irish person
  • Oli built some home made chicken nuggets with tom 'man food' woollacott tried to steal
  • I have a new accordion from 1937
  • I learned how to use photographic morphing software
  • James strutt came to stay, and Oli made burgers
  • Wade and Ricky came over, and we drunk a hell of a lot of flanders beer
  • I built a wall out of flanders beer and bulmers bottles for my windowsill
  • People kept clogging up the fridge with useless items such as bread and marmalade
  • this made phil angry- he described him as 'worse than hitler'
  • I finished my lab report, thanks to a magic book that me and will found
  • There was some fog- i posted a picture of a particularly foggy day
  • I posted some pictures of Devon for my Friends in Bath to see
Well there it is. A not so detailed account of my last month of life. Unfortunately this also sets me back for my 100th blog celebration... despite the fact I have done 86, my blog thinks I have now done like 65.

This is what the disaster could be compared to.
  1. A bug's Life- the bit where flik destroys the harvest. He makes a machine that was supposed to harvest berries faster than 10 ants. But it went wrong. It ruined the harvest. But.. it was rebuilt. The ants were like- 'we're awesome' and beat up the grasshoppers.


2. Jurassic park- John Hammond was like, yeah lets make some dinosaurs from mosquito DNA and frogs. This will work.



3. The san fransisco earthquake- I know its pushing the boat out, but it feels like this to me. 80% of the city was destroyed, but over time it has been rebuilt. This is what is going to happen to my blog.



I will rebel against all that say I should quit, and deny the non-believers. I will soldier on and rebuild this blog to its former glory, and take it back to the level it once was. Tonight, we dine in hell. but soon, we will dine in... I dunno... Pizza hut?

Nonetheless, I will not fizzle out like some 90s fad, I remain for eternity as an undying force of nature. Unstoppable, unresting.

And there it is. prepare yourself for business as usual. despite the loss of many a good post- such .are the casualties of war. I will continue with my quest, whether fate likes it or not.

JD. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment