Monday 7 December 2009

Polly want a Soundbite



Hey there, I would like to introduce you to Polly, my new Dictaphone. I’m sure Karys will once again approve of my naming of inanimate objects, but now it doesn’t feel right not doing it! It is called Polly because it can repeat things it has heard! For those of you with confused expressions on your faces, Polly is a standard name for a parrot. (I shouldn’t have to say this, but statistically, one of you probably won’t get it)

Anyway, she is very clever, because she is going to remember my lectures for me, and remind me of things I have forgotten in them. I must add that this is no excuse for falling asleep in lectures- I don’t want to hear snoring on the tape! She also has voice recognition dictation, so should I choose to, I could ask her to write what the lecturer is saying. She can play music, and alter the speed of any recording which could be fun. She will let me rest and learn, eat and revise, and listen to lectures I didn’t even attend if I’m ill! So it should be very useful!

5 comments:

  1. "And the p orbitals *zZZZZzzzZZzz* surrounding the central *zZZZzzzzzZZZzzz* away from the secondary *ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzz* free energy *ZZZZZZzZzzzzzzZ*"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve of the naming!
    Amazing.
    I am also quite jealous as I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a retro one which is the size of a prick i like mine better

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean brick not prick, Damn it

    ReplyDelete