Sunday 6 December 2009

Wish you were hair

As you can possibly tell by the title of this post, I have indeed had a haircut. Many of you may be thinking, ‘I thought you liked your current style’, and you are right. I definitely prefer the middle length hair to the shorter hair.


Gone from: Greasy grunge listener


To: Shiny-eyed respectable human being


I hear you ask, why change?


Well you see, in just over 2 weeks time I will be jetting my ass of to sunny Florida for Christmas. Now this suggests a problem with my hairstyle that I would rather avoid. I tan fairly easily, even on hot days in Paignton. When I go to Florida for a few weeks I tend to go a bit brown. However, looking at the photograph of my old hair, you can see that my entire forehead is obscured by thick purple and brown hair…

Therefore, given a length of time in the sun with little or no cloud cover, I will end up almost certainly with a brown face from the eyebrows down, coupled with a gleaming white forehead.

Hair grows back, but tan lines fade painfully.

I made this mistake (albeit not as seriously) as a child, when I went on holiday to Florida. I had short hair back then, but by my standards back then, it was fairly long compared to the current average. So when I got home, I had a haircut. Much to my 13 year old disappointment, I had a half inch line of white all the way around my hair line. This made my face look like a white kid wearing a brown mask.

So in this fragile stage of development at 18, I would rather not go through that again, especially because my hair was longer.

So there you are. A perfectly lovely anecdote about embarrassment and tanning. I’m glad I don’t have more.

3 comments:

  1. Inspirational stuff, JD. Best wishes to you on this dangerous voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew he had eyebrows. I just couldn't be sure until now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of hair cuts I need one too soon

    ReplyDelete