Monday 12 April 2010

A cool bit of Devon I have never been to

At the beginning of the easter holidays, I went out with Sophie for a walk around berry head. I was aware of the fact it was a nice place to go, but had never really been there because i had no reason to. I assumed that because I had seen the views from the berry head hotel, i was not missing much. Well, I was wrong


We had a wonderful time, lots of boyfriend girlfriend casual banter as always. We went into the bird hide to see if we could spot many cliff birds. It was odd, because we could hear about 100 birds making very loud laughing noises, but could only see about 4. We decided that the most likely explanation was they were laughing at us because they were so well hidden.

We then moved on to what i have been told is Europe's smallest operational lighthouse. Needless to say I was unimpressed. It really is quite pathetic but somehow the tourism agency has turned around the fact that their lighthouse is the most pathetic in europe, and turned it into a good thing becaus it is 'unique'.

 

We had a look at the old ruins of the forts in the area and tried to imagine was it was like defending a seige. We gave up, and I climbed this pole instead.


 It was fun, and a very nice day out with Sophie.

1 comment:

  1. it the tallest and shortest lighthouse of where i have no idea

    ReplyDelete