Thursday 28 October 2010

Ale.

I was having a look back at my blog and how it has changed over the last year, and I could not help but notice I have not written anything about ale before. This was most peculiar, because ale is like the best drink of all time and it is my preferred poison if we were at the pub.

So yes, I LOVE ale. I am by no means a conoisseur, but I hope to be later in life. Lets face it, if I start drinking it and home brewing it at the age of 19, I'll be an expert when I'm 40. I have already chosen my favourite ale so far, Which happens to be Wychwood brewery's "King Goblin ale", which happens to be the special full moon reserve of Hobgoblin.

As of yesterday, wetherspoons started up its yearly ale festival, featuring 50 guest ales from all over the country and a few international ales. Well, I know where my spare time is going to be spent...


 They are ordered 1-50 on alcohol content and colour, so it is understandable to find King Goblin at number 49. The only other ale to beat it was some kind of Edinburgh strong ale which consequently turns you into a gibbering wreck (a.k.a, A scotsman.)

One such ale in the festival I was not too sure about. Looks like Tom Wood is up to his old tricks again, but I'll be eager to try it when it comes onto the draught.


Today, I also bought all the equipment I need to brew my own ale. So in a few days time, hopefully I'll have the first batch of what I shall call "Duffield's Awesome Ale" in the pipeline for being brewed at home. I'll let you all know how it turns out it due course. The slogan will be "its awesome".

1 comment:

  1. Amazing slogan! The label was pretty hip too!
    And oh, classic Tom Wood.

    ReplyDelete