Friday 20 January 2012

The (East) Wall of Stuff

I always like to decorate my room with objects. Be they posters, trinkets or photographs, I make an effort to make my room as unique (and awesome) as possible. And so I thought it would be a good idea to record it/ show you guys what it looks like. I shall begin with a tour of the Eastern wall of my room.


Ok, so there it is. So lets have the tour!
  1. Sonic Poster: Its an obvious one really, you can't miss it. This is the very first poster I ever bought for my room. I actually bought this at the poster sale when I used to be a student of Bath University, and it can be seen in the background of some of the videos I made while I was there. It is a bit of an old faithful to me.
  2. "Drunk in Torbay" Postcard: Directly below the Sonic poster on the left is a postcard with a blurry picture of Torquay seafront on in and the caption 'Drunk in Torbay'. I got this on my last day of work at wetherspoons and it came out of the blue as a present from the one and only Colin Bache.
  3. Old Speckled Hen Crate: To the left of the postcard is the front ripped from a crate of Old Speckled Hen, which is a pretty good canned ale. This comes from the time where my house played the game "drunk driving" using Crash Team Racing. Of course, given the fact that the game requires you to finish a can during EVERY race, you expect to consume a few crates. 
  4. Twilight Princess Poster: This poster is from Lee back home. He always jokes about it not being visible in photos/ videos of my room, assuming I may have taken it down. Well, I haven't- because there it is. Twilight Princess is (so far) my favourite Zelda game to date.
  5. Thankyou card from Children: Below the Zelda poster on the left is a blue card from all the children at Coombe Pafford School that I worked with over the Summer. Not only did that place provide me with the necessary teaching time as criteria for entry to my course, I do miss those kids because they were hilarious and brilliant to work with.
  6. Recent photo of the family (directly below children's card)
  7. Hobgoblin Crate: (central below the zelda poster) I bought this crate in Morrison's during the year I was off from University. I thought to myself if I ever made it back to any University, it would be good to go on the wall. And so, I did make it, and there it is!
  8. Port Crate!: (below and left of the hobgoblin crate) Now there is a funny story behind this one. I personally never realised you could buy a 'crate' of port until very recently, and even now I'm not entirely sure where it came from. However I can assure you that Ryan and myself have almost certainly consumed at least enough port to fill a crate of 6 bottles. I found it in the recycling in the kitchen, and took a knife to it to steal the front off the crate!
  9. Biere de Luxe "Stubbys" Crate: Below and to the right of the hobgoblin crate is a crate of stubbys. Wow, what can I say about stubbys. You can get a box of 20 stubbys in Asda for 6 pounds. Because it is so cheap, it earns the title of the 'everyman beer' and is an ideal choice for poor students. They don't taste amazing, but if you drink enough of them, you will be definitely 'on your way'. According to James Strutt, Biere de Luxe is French for "Beer of Luxury". Oh, the irony.
  10. Human Pyramid photo: To the right of the hobgoblin crate is a photo of a group of us back in Sixth form doing a human pyramid, with me on the top. On close inspection, the lineup appears to be Tom Wood, Jimmy Langmead and Sam Stafford on the bottom row, Alan O'Brien and James Wade on the second row and then me.
  11. 2 photos from back home: To the right of the Zelda poster is 2 photos from back home in landscape format. The one on the left is me, wade and alan on the boat in our suits for year 13 prom. Alan's hair is ridiculously large, wade is wearing a red top hat, and I look disgusted at something. So not your conventional prom photo. The one on the right is a fairly old family photo.
  12. Cymru (Wales) fake rugby shirt: This is the red shirt on the wall. After befriending Ryan of Wales, I decided to accompany him to a Welsh rugby game in a bar in town. I don't own a rugby shirt so I just drew one on an old red long sleeve. This was a ridiculous day, because we went out and got wasted the night before and the Rugby world cup worked in New Zealand's time zone. This meant the kickoff was at something stupid like 7am. As you can guess, we didn't sleep, and continued to drink at the bar to wait for the kick off... After the game, I fell asleep in the bar and then went home! Curiously, it was then that I realised I was so drunk I had not even come out in shoes and walked the majority of the way home in my socks.
  13. Li'l Elf hat: Next to the Wales shirt is an Elf hat that I wore for most of Christmas. I bought it from Matt in my house for part of his "elf hat business" he set up as part of his business management degree. This year I declared christmas to be the 1st of december and so annoyed James Wade by wearing it to practice so early :) 
  14. Mario Galaxy poster: Above the wales shirt is Mario Galaxy 2 in poster form. Curiously, I haven't actually played number 2, but I heard it was good and got the poster free in a magazine anyway while I was at Bath Uni.
  15. Miscellaneous Beer mats: (to the right of the mario poster) I took these from the first ever trip to the local pub "Maiden's". I wish their ale selection was better. I haven't really been back since.
  16. White Keyboard shirt: We dressed up as 'our own superheroes' for a night here at Reading, and I just created one that was like... Piano-y... I had face paint and a cape and stuff, but it wasn't all that eventful.
  17. Fire Safety notice: To the right of the keyboard shirt is the fire safety rules. Annoyingly, for legal and insurance reasons I'm not allowed to take it down.
  18. Zelda Painting: Top right, there is a painting of Link from Wind Waker I did in the christmas holidays during my first term at Bath. I think its pretty awesome.
So there you are, the east wall of stuff.




2 comments:

  1. i like the fact you have the human pyramid photo on your wall mate, vintage times!

    and yes.. i do sometimes read your blog :P

    hope your well!
    Stafford

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one interesting wall there duffs :)
    Have you decided on where to put your pretty Zelda lighting up thingy migiggy?

    ReplyDelete