Sunday 1 January 2012

JD is reborn... as himself

When I first started this blog nearly 4 years ago, I always knew and hoped it would become a lookthrough of my life. It is weird to think that I was only a 17 year old back then, and now this year I celebrate my 21st birthday.

Anyway, followers of this blog will know that the last post was me signing off for the last time in my house in Devon, greatly anticipating my journey into the world of university again. Well, I thought it might be interesting to see how many of my short and long term goals that I wrote down have actually panned out.

Continue Running as my chosen sport: Yes, and No. Although it took me a few weeks, I did join Reading Road Runners, and it was great. However, I soon injured my knee in a track session. Unfortunately, even though I waited long enough for it to heal, it just hasn't quite gone away. I want to run, but its hard when your knee aches. Hopefully it will go away and I can get back to how I want.

Actually finish the course: Well so far, so good. I'm still there! I have met great friends on my course and it has been a blast. Sometimes challenging, but nothing I can't handle- this course is right up my street in terms of what I want to do in life. Now I can't wait to get into the classroom!


I'd like to meet a nice girl. I say no more: ... ... Meet a nice girl? Sure, I have met a bunch. A lot of them are lovely, but my heart hasn't been in it and it just didn't feel how I wanted it to. I began to think I was being too picky, but as a wise man once said, 'you can't help how you feel'. But.... there is this one incredible girl who makes me feel like I never have before. Will it ever work out? No. So that wise man can go f*** himself.

Join the Real Ale Society: Yes, I did that. There are some really cool people there, and I had a great time homebrewing with them just before christmas. Can't wait to drink it when I go back! I even have an Ale society sweater with my name on it!


Keep Juggling: I can still juggle, but it has taken a back seat with everything else going on. I think I should make more of an effort to show up to juggling practice in future, maybe I'll meet some cool people there.

Organise my underwear and socks better than last year: ... As I am typing this, I am wearing odd socks and have been for the vast majority of first term.

Possibly start a quote board: No, I didn't do that in the end. But we do have a 'chunder chart' and a wall of boobs from one of the lads magazines... I had no part in that one.

Continue to be a musician in every way: YES. A million times yes. I'll explain the new band later, but I still play the accordion and I am determined to finally crack playing funk piano. Stuff like this...

2 comments:

  1. Cool blog, yo. Haha good to see you back in the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog jamie. Glad to see your doing well, take care see you soon.

    ReplyDelete