Sunday 29 January 2012

Fairly Drastic Hair Cut

Oh yes, I decided to cut my hair back to short again. To be honest it was a mixture of fancying a change, and the fact that I made sort of a hash of dying my hair blue.

What happened was this: At one point I had purple hair, with about inch long blonde roots coming through. I figured that was going to be as good a time as any to change my hair to blue. Alas, I was sadly mistaken. You see, in order to get the purple out of my hair, I bleached it. This changed the purple to a light pink, and the blonde roots to a white.


What I didn't realise was the way the blue dye works. It turns out, dye of that particular type does not take to bleached hair, because it has 'nothing to hold on to'. I'm not entirely sure of the exact science behind it, but that is a fact. The blue dye took nicely to the pink parts of my hair, because there was 'something for it to hold on to', but not to the roots. It looked alright for a while though.


However, no matter how many times I tried to dye my roots blue, they only lasted a day or so. Eventually, my hair was starting to look weird, so I decided to start from scratch again and grow a new head of hair to turn blue properly. I dyed it a fairly harmless natural brown colour that is fairly close to my own, and so I guess we'll start from there and work back to the length I had before.


Hooray for not bothering with hassle!

No comments:

Post a Comment