Sunday 28 February 2010

Gravity Vomit animal night

On thursday, we at Gravity Vomit (the circus skills and juggling society) had our animal themed pub crawl. It was very fun, and I figured I should try hard with costumes to keep up appearances with Karys's ones that she does. As for ideas, pretty much as soon as I was told it was animal themed for some reason my brain just went "raccoon." and said nothing else.

So raccoon it was. It was a really cool evening, and I spent a substantial amount of time explaining to people that I was not a cat. In fact, I actually went through the effort of painting my face with accurate and characteristic raccoon markings and sprayed my hair in grey and black. See below for fair comparison.

So here is the basic list of the costumes I thought were funny as far as I remember:

Ieuan: He went as a spider, and spent a long time trying to untangle his legs
Chinery: Went as Knuckles by wearing a red suit and wig sprayed red
Leo: A badger! he made an awesome badger suit and painted his hair
Tom: A penguin
Lee: A penguin with a MASSIVE ASS
Thornton: Went as a clownfish using inventive use of sainsburys bags and lots of tape
Scott: went as animal from the muppets. Amazing.
Rich: Of course, he went as roadkill with a lot of fake blood

There were also peacocks, zebras, a ladybird, an elephant and even walruses (walri?)

So yeah, a very good night. On the way back, I was the only one on the bus dressed as an animal and it was awkward. Also a man threw up in his top hat, that was hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. walri. Nice.
    Like the pictures. I have a cowboys and indians night soon, no idea what to dress like.

    ReplyDelete