Wednesday 3 February 2010

A Light Spot of Painting

Something that I have been looking forward to doing during intersemester break is a nice bit of painting. I didn’t want to rush into anything complex just yet, I had to get my feel for the brush back. So I roughly painted link from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.


It was good because I soon found my painting hand again after such a long spell of not doing it, and the painting took no more than 3 hours (which is very quick!). Considering painting is going to be a crucial part of Sophie’s Valentine’s day present, I had to get some practice in. At the same time I also got a new hand painted poster for my wall at Uni! I mean whats the point of painting anything if its not going to be of any use to you?

I hope to next paint Link as featured in the Twilight Princess. As those of you that have played it will know, it is not a cartoon style game, everything in fact looks quite real. I expect it will take about 10 times as long and take a lot of patience!

3 comments: