Saturday 17 October 2009

Life long Dream Fulfilled

Karys, you said you were pleased when you got an excuse to dress as adam ant- Well, I too can now share your feelings, as I FINALLY got to dress as the GREEN LANTERN!!!



A few days was the first social outing exclusively for the juggling club. It was superhero themed, as you can probably tell, but therefore I jumped at the chance to go as my favourite super hero. I will explain how I made the costume.

First of all, i put on a black shirt underneath, in order to create the black neckline. I then cut a pair of tights in half and put them on my arms. Followed by white gloves and a green ring (of course). After that, I put my own green lantern shirt on over the top. I painted the mask on using face paint.

The bottoms are quite clever too- I had some black shorts on underneath, and put a pair of black tights over the top. I then cut the legs off a pair of green tights to make the pants, and used the green legs to wrap around a pair of trainers to make the green shoes! awesome!

One problem was however, that not many people knew who the green lantern was. credit to the 5 or so members of the club who did know, but shame on the rest for not. Someone on the bus even confused the green lantern logo for the oxfam logo, and promptly assumed I was 'Oxfam Man'...

The evening was a resounding success though, and here is a list of some of the good superheroes who turned up:
  • Captain Planet
  • Superman
  • Captain Hammer
  • The Green Lantern
  • Batgirl
  • Catwoman
  • Gambit
  • Storm
  • Mrs. Incredible (elastigirl)
  • Wonder woman
However, there were some of the less 'legitimate' superheroes at the party as well...
  • 'Bubble Wrap Boy'
  • A Gorilla
  • 'Green and Yellow Man'
  • Bananaman
  • Goku from DBZ
  • Austin Powers
  • Captain Scarlet
  • 'Get into my pants man' (he had a pair of 'double-pants' on)
  • Peg Man
  • 'Civilian'
  • 'Ieuan Maiden'
Here are a few pictures from the social.



Peg Man (Owen) and Gambit (Ollie)



Captain Scarlet (Andy), Batgirl (Kate), and Captain Hammer (Andy C)



The Green Lantern (Me, notice the green ring) and Catwoman (Fiona)

No comments:

Post a Comment