Monday 8 November 2010

Battery Powered lives on

Yesterday night I was messing around with my keytar and my pre-amp, when I decided I should begin the recording some of the forgotten Battery Powered songs that were never captured on a recording. It also gave me a chance to look at the recording quality for future reference. The old BP songs I have chosen to do are:

  • I Ate a Bug (And Now I'm Fine)
  • Brawl
  • Fission Powered Car
  • John the Goat
  • Purchase of Pie
If any of you can think of any more glaringly obvious ones that i have missed out, I'll see what I can do. Well, I started just playing around with the main riff, seeing if I could jazz it up a bit and what the bass should sound like. I wanted to make the technical sound of it be far and above how good battery powered were actually capable of sounding. Needless to say, much tinkering later it was ten past 2 in the morning. About 6 hours ago. I don't have a mic yet, so there are no vocals. Just the instrumental so far.



Well, leave a comment and let me know what you reckon. I might see if I can borrow a mic before I can afford a half decent one...

A few points worth mentioning is the fact that I don't own any software for drumming or a drum machine. The drums themselves were supplied using THE original multicoloured keyboard as seen in battery powered. They were not done as a loop, in relaity they were PLAYED using the standard drum kit setting. This of course explains why in places the timing and rhythm is questionable... You can kind of hear what I wanted it to sound like, but unless I spent one million hours re-dubbing the drums and bass we will all have to make do.

1 comment: