Friday 12 November 2010

Retail Therapy = New Things!

Yesterday I went shopping with Ricky to help take my mind off things. And what comes as a result of shopping? Thats right, the purchase of objects. For full details of the shopping trip, see Ricky's post on his blog HERE.

Anyway, the shopping trip all started kicking off when we arrived in the junk shop in Paignton. This shop is fantastic, because it has basically everything that ever was or still is cool. Military jackets, retro video games and consoles, CDs, LPs, swords, musical instruments, clothes, ornaments, speakers, amps, jewellery, hats, circus equipment and merchandise of pretty much anything. I could add so much more to the list, but I feel like it would take too long. Just go visit it! If you are familiar with Paignton, is is that small shop near Paignton hospital towards the lights with a whole bunch of random objects outside and in the window.

Anyway, I always buy something awesome in there, you never know what though. So this time, I found a book I had been looking for for ages, "Charlie Dancey's Compendium of Club Juggling".


I suppose you are wondering what significance this particular book has to me. In short, Charlie Dancey is the other half of world famous juggling duo "Haggis and Charlie". I have actually had to opportunity to meet them both and watch them perform! If you want to read about the time I met them, I made a blog post ages ago HERE. I would seriously suggest watching the video. Charlie is the one dressed as the painter. Anyway, this is widely considered the most extensive and best book about club juggling there is, so I bought it.

I also bought a new gamecube memory card. This is not as cool as the book, but in foresight it means I will be able to play my old Zelda games again! Hooray!


Ricky also bought something, a genuine RAF blazer. I was considering buying it, but we both wanted it and it fit Ricky better than it did me. Besides, I already own an RAF "great jacket" (that is actually the name) which is really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment