Sunday 7 November 2010

Paintball.

Yesterday, I went paintballing for the 21st birthday of Adam Cowell. It is strange to think that some of my friends are turning 21 already. Of course, I am one of the youngest in my year, and they are some of the oldest in the year above. There was 8 of us, including Adam's next door neighbour, John, who is a heavy set scottish man.

We played for half the day, and after the first 2 games I got back into the swing of things and started killing everyone. John even bought me more paintballs for the "good of the team". Nobody took any massive damage apart from myself, but throughout the course of the day Rachel did get shot in the face by her own boyfriend, which she was not too pleased about.

There was an incident in one of the last games where I ran round a corner and surrendered 3 of adams team. I looked around, and saw that the coast was clear to move ahead and raise the oppostion flag for the win. Unfortunately, i did not spot Adam and his friend fletcher hiding behind some barrels. As you can probably guess, I casually started raising the flag and then turned in horror. I was left out in the open with no shelter and somehow 2 people laid off 5 or 6 shots into me, much to adams delight. I took a shot to:
  1. The ass
  2. The side
  3. The chest
  4. The inner leg
  5. The outer leg
This of course was great  for them. Not so great for me. This actually prompted the marshall to mention in the next game that "Once someone has been shot, they are considered dead, and unless you really hate the person, there is no need to lay 30 or 40 rounds into their carcass"

All in all, a good day.

However, once we had finished I was left with a tough decision. Go to the pub in brixham, or go to adams flat in torquay. I had to weigh up the pros and cons on the spot, and here is my decision.

Pros of going to Brixham
  1. The band is there with George
  2. It is still the ale festival
  3. Wade said he would lend me money to buy ale
Cons of going to Brixham
  1. I have no money
  2. I had no way of getting home because everyone would be drinking
  3. Its quite far away
  4. I could not stay over because I have work at 9 in the morning
  5. I would owe money to Wade
Pros of going to Torquay
  1. Hanging out with adam for his birthday
  2. Free party food
  3. I was promised a 4 pack of abbot ale
  4. I would not have to spend money
  5. I could get a lift home from Rachel
  6. I would not owe any money to Wade
Cons of going to Torquay
  1. Guilt for having missed an opportunity to hang with the band
  2. Miss out on some guest ale in spoons
So that was my day. Sorry there is no pictures. If anything pops up on facebook I will stick them on and remove this sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment