Friday 26 November 2010

My trip to Bath

I have been away from blogging for a while recently, because I went to visit my old friends in the wonderful city of Bath. To be honest, I was wondering as I left if mammoth bloggers such as Karys Munns would do anything for me to read soon but nothing had really appeared. However, I came back and low and behold first time back on blogger it was like BOOOM karys karys karys karys karys.... Check it out, they are pretty entertaining.

But anyway, Bath. It is a lovely place, and despite this I still hold with my decision to leave. It was all for the best. I arrived, on tuesday afternoon and made my way to the house on Grove street that I was supposed to be in this year. I was greeted at the door by Gareth, who let me in. We made conversation and chit chat and it was lovely to catch up. He had work to do, so I left him to it and went for a wander around town. I bought a Sonic collection game and some ales, and went back to wait for the others. Throughout the day, I hung out with Tom, Oli, Phil and the rest of the house and it was great. James Rooney was there as usual just like in Eastwood 4. The most shocking thing of the trip was definately this. Thats right, Phil Murphy grew a beard.


I pestered him all of last year to try it out on my behalf because I was incapable myself, and look what happened now.The evening came, and so we played guitar hero, watched naked gun and had much merriment to celebrate our friendship involving lots of ale, sainsburys vodka (I'll tell that story when it comes to it) and cider.

The next day was cool, I went back up to campus for the first time. A few things I didn't like was that because of refurbishment, I no longer recognised my own student bar. There was so much nostalgia there, such as being dressed as superheroes with jugglers, and staying up until 4 to watch the superbowl live. All of those memories were somewhat squashed now that the whole layout of the building was changed. I was not impressed, but the new design was more practical I guess (bigger bar)...
Also, I couldnt even gain access to my own library (I say my own, its not really) because I did not have a valid card.

In the evening I managed to catch up with some jugglers from the old club, and we went to the hobgoblin pub in the evening (delicious). We went on to the only club i feel comfortable in, DISCORD! Basically an underground rock club, which is awesome.

The next day was my last night in Bath. I was briefly locked out of the house in the morning, and so I wandered around in town and visited a few places that I had been to before. After a while, I took this picture of pulteney bridge and the Bath Canal.


Below is one of the biggest attractions of Bath, the abbey. This is why there are always so many tourists here all year round.


Fortunately I came back and Gareth was there to let me in again. I then spent the whole day getting awesome at guitar hero and awaited the return of my friends. Sure enough, they arrived during the early evening, bringing Putu with them. (the guy next to phil in his beard shot)
We then drank again... I discovered Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer, which was delicious. We got... well... drunk. The evening was rounded off by us all singing Christmas Carols loudly in the night and Phil doing a solo rendition of an Irish folk song "the fields of Athenry". I did film a video of Phil singing, but without his permission I would not put it online via YouTube because I fear it would blow all your minds.

All in all, sweet trip to Bath. Hope to go again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment