Wednesday 3 November 2010

The problem with feasible lies.

When somebody is lying to you, the reason you may be able to tell is if you don't trust them, or perhaps if their story is not credible or realistic. And this readers, is exactly why James Rooney's "clever" trick on me worked so marvellously well.

In a facebook conversation, he casually explained to me that I would not be able to stay in grove street with my old Eastwood friends when I visited bath, because the landlady was getting touchy about guests. He proceeded to pad out the story with perfectly reasonable examples of this, one involving an incident with a housemates girlfriend, and another involving himself staying on the sofa. These were all reasonable, as I know the housemate in question does have his girlfriend over quite often, and I know that Rooney is always keen to hang out with them. 

He followed on by suggesting other places to stay, just as you would. He outlined the fact the housemates, who are all good friends of mine, were concerned about losing their deposit if they were caught again. So it all made sense. Alas, today I found out that he was pulling my leg the whole time! 

Here is a picture of the culprit, up to his usual mischief.


The purpose of publishing this picture of Rooney trying on a girl's T-Shirt is only to publicly lampoon him in the hope that I can take away some of my humiliation from being so easily tricked. I also have on good authority from Oliver Jefferies that he continued to wear this shirt for the rest of the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment