Wednesday 15 December 2010

Ah it all makes sense! Annoyingly...

A little while ago, I checked the stats on this blog to find that the majority of people looking at it had been looking for clown clothes or pictures of the pokemon Onix...

I thought perhaps that it was because Onix was popular, and that people actually cared about my Pokemon of the week movement. How I was wrong.

Doing some more delving into where my blog traffic was actually coming from, I discovered some very interesting plot holes and things that didnt make sense. Out of all of my blog posts, the one in second place with most views of all time was about 150. But in first place, was my pokemon of the week post about onix. So how many people do you thing saw this post? ... nearly 4000. Thats right, essentially a difference of 3750 views between first and second place.

Nobody likes Onix that much.

So I did even more delving into my stats down to exact links people followed to get here. Sure some came from twitter and facebook, but then I discovered something hilarious. (Get ready for this)

...

People were finding my blog by searching for the picture of Onix I searched for, that I used in that exact blog post about Onix. When I looked even closer I found something which explained everything. The original website I had taken the picture from no longer existed. ... Which means... People are now linked to my blog to copy the picture!

To prove that this is indeed the case, follow this link and click on the picture of onix second down on the left.
http://www.google.com/images?q=onix&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=685

How frustrating that not as many people care about my Pokemon of the Week reviews as I thought. They are just greedy Onix-picture-copyers.

1 comment: