Tuesday 21 December 2010

Dubstep remixes people.

Recently, I have started experimenting with listening in on a tiny bit of another relatively alien genre to me- "dubstep". Once again, to my rather inaccurate knowledge, it appears to be music with often big drops, and a new phenomenon to me, 'wubs'.

You will probably understand what wubs are if I tell you that it is that sound you hear in some modern music that is pretty bassy and goes "...wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wubwubwubwubwubwub..."

Anyway, never being much of a fan of popular song I found a few dubstep remixes that somewhat some-up what I like about dubstep. First of all, combining my favourite disney film with dubstep. Hercules rules! This mix is my a band called Henpeck, and the song is titled 'kill hercules', featuring the fates, and of course samples of Hades...



Some of you who are listening to this kind of music for the first time may be wondering why it was so... uneventful. Which is what I thought at first. However, like most music there is always a context and a frame of mind that it will work well in. So listen again, but imagine you are in a club with giant bass speakers and you are drunk out of your mind. ... So you see my point? Classic drunk dance moves need not be particularly complex, as dubstep simply requires slow arm movements and slow headbanging. Ideal. In search of even better and more awesome dubstep remixes I found this today.



When they start the team rocket motto I nearly died with amazement. If this came on in a club situation or scenario and I had had something to drink, I may nearly explode. So you can see why it has its appeals. It is by no means my favourite genre of music but it definately has its place and when used correctly it is a fantastic weapon!

3 comments:

  1. I think if i was drunk i would probably be more annoyed at these and still not dance.

    But then i don't dance anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally another who has finally discovered the massive beats know to all as Dubstep :D Surely you must know who Chase & Status are? As well as Deadmau5 as they are dubstep artists. Personally i like an artist with quite a fancy name such as "Trolley Snatcha", but personally i prefer Drum & Bass, but both are quite amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, I have not been on this webpage in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Great stuff as usual Jobs should be paying you; you shouldn’t have to pay for them. .

    ReplyDelete