Tuesday 7 December 2010

Top 12 Quirky Items I own.

Karys asked me earlier to construct a blog post along these lines. When I realised her post was top 12, I figured I would be clutching at largely metaphorical straws, given that I do not own nearly as many quirky things as Karys. However, I have tried very hard and found these things.

1. Original RAF GreatJacket

Well for a start my favourite item of clothing I have ever bought is this jacket. It is a real life RAF jacket, with all the insignia and original buttons. I would imagine Paddy will be drooling over the standard issue RAF gold buttons... Anyway, it is the single warmest piece of clothing I own, and probably the coolest. It can be worn with buttons undone, for the "Jack Harkness" look.


Alternatively there is buttons done up for mega warmness and zero wind chill.


2. Original starter deck from when Pokemon became cool

Well it is what it is. These are difficult to find other than on ebay, but this pack of miscellaneous Pokemon cards is very much a part of my childhood.


3. Purple Shoes!

I have been wearing purple shoes for nearly 2 years I think. This is my current pair, as you can see, rather worn. They used to be a much brighter shade of purple, but hey, they have been very  faithful to me.


4. Atari Lounge/ Sleeping trousers

This is what I wear when I am at home and don't have to leave the house for anything. When it is cold, I wear them in bed as well. Lovely design, and fascinatingly comfortable.


5. Zelda collectors edition gamecube game

This is another thing which is generally hard to come across anymore, considering that the gamecube and their games are all moot. Anyway, long story short, this game contains the original 8 bit zelda games and of course both Ocarina of time and Majoras mask. This is how I sometimes spend my time, wishing I lived in these games.


6. Original grey GameBoy

Another rare piece, surprised it actually still works. If I am correct with my rather patchy memories, I first played Mario on this. Good old super mario land 2. I had to clean it up a lot as there was a lot of dead skin on it (gross) and about 10 years of dust from the attic.


7. Ale Bottle collection

The collection itself is actually upstairs and I couldn't be bothered to bring it all down. So here are a few of my favourite ones. The very first bottle of King Goblin I ever had, and the very first bottle of Goliath Ale I ever had, two of my most treasured beers.


8. Home Brew ale setup

This is all dismantled in the garage at the moment, but it has served me well when I used it to make my very first batch of home brew ale- which I must say has turned out tremendously. Once again, I would go take a picture, but I can't be arsed and you are really not missing anything. The magic is in the beer not the equipment. Essentially it is a barrel and various measurement stuff.

9. A diploma in Ale

Aha, yes. As of this morning I was awarded distinction for my diploma from abbot ale. It took a lot of research, but then again you can never know too much about beer. If you fancy earning this award too, google abbot ale diploma. So below is the actual certificate!


10. Poster from Battery Powered's first gig

The first live performance of my first band. We played in a church during the interval of a wind orchestra. Not exactly rock and roll (or was it) and we were very nervous. I kept one of the posters for the sake of nostalgia.  To this date, it is the only gig that the whole band has ever been asked for autographs- that includes Ricky and the Pigeons gigs.


11. Entire Collection of Circus equipment

As you know I own a whole menagerie of Circus stuff, from unicycle to ball. I would like to think this is quite quirky. Not many people have all these things. I have a variety of stage and practice balls, clubs, diabolos, devilsticks, and a unicycle.

12.A Roland AX Synth (Keytar)

Well lets face it, nobody has or can afford one of these. It is actually the single most valuable thing I own, even beating my computer by miles. It is just such a cool instrument.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I enjoyed this a lot!
    I was worried you wouldn't feature the Keytar, but what a fool I realised I had been when I got to number 12!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the keytar has a much more epic picture than any of the other items, and nothing is said about the picture either, assumedly it speakes for itself

    ReplyDelete