Friday 3 December 2010

Britain may or may not have Talent

As some of you may be aware, I am now what would be described as 'in' the competition, Britains got Talent.

I will be pitching my voice against the entire wealth of Britains talented singers, dancers and performers, and who knows how far I will end up. So far, I have done one audition, in Cardiff. I was always kind of confused how these kind of competitions worked, because I thought surely people would just audition for the chance to see simon cowell... Well I finally understand now.

There are semi-non-televised preliminary auditions, where the judges are the producers of the programme itself. So in a similar way to X Factor, rather than performing to a live audience with buzzers, it is just you, a camera, and 2 producers. They then take your footage and review it to let you know if they want you in the show. And so people, this finally explains why there are some really really shit people who make it onto the show. Albeit depressing, it seems you stand a chance of getting to meet the judges if the producers deem you humilating to yourself, in a way that would provide laughter for others...

So I have been to Cardiff now, and done just that. I now await "callbacks" in approximately January or February time. I'll keep this posted if I hear anything!

Also, for those of you who have never heard me sing, allow me to direct you to this facebook page:

My singing page on facebook

2 comments:

  1. good luck! I am sure you will go far in the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you don't, we all know how bollocks these shows are. You get talentless idiots like Jedward and Cher in X Factor. The only people who seem to get far in BGT are the ones who are unexpectedly good, for instance, Susan Boyle, or the people who are young like that drummer who wasn't even half as good as half the drummers I know. You deserve to go far in this.

    ReplyDelete