Friday 3 December 2010

Pokemon of the Week!

I was just having a look at my blog stats, and I discovered a number of my hits came from my old pokemon of the week movement. In fact, I got over 200 hits in one hour when I had Onix as the Pokemon of the week. Interestingly, via google, the searchword "Onix" was the second most popular keyword that people found my blog using. It is ironic that I gave Onix such a poor review.

So, I shall continue with pokemon of the week as of now in an effort to attract more hits. Here Goes!

Pokemon of the Week: Zubat, Golbat, Crobat


Well, Zubat. I have to say I do actually quite like this pokemon. Although if you are not intending on catching one (which I usually do) they can be rather annoying if you are travelling through caves such as Mt. Moon. I personally think that the sprite for Zubat and Golbat in the generation one games was terrible (weren't they all) but since then they have greatly improved, so the pokemon is now also aesthetically pleasing.


Zubat has come considerably more useful as the invention of generation IV and V came out, because it allows you to teach golbat "fly". I don't know about you guys, but I was never a fan of any of the bird pokemon apart from perhaps Dodrio. Golbat being able to fly was amazing as I did not have to lay my hands on another greasy pidgey again in order to travel.


When Crobat, the third and final evolution of zubat was introduce I basically wet myself when I saw the stats, because they were incredible. I believe it has the highest speed of any poison pokemon., and one of the highest attack stats. Although a lot of my friends were fed up when they discovered you had to use the somewhat abstract concept of 'happiness' to get golbat to evolve, I find it is easy if you have to patience to just walk 100s of steps for ages. If you actually research into happiness, you will find it is in fact quantifiable. Crobat is in fact my favourite pokemon, for the record.

And so you see, Zubat has become increasingly useful as the generations have come along, and more powerful poison attacks have been created.

I rate Zubat: 3/10 ... lets face it, he is pretty useless on his own. No real power until later but hey it looks cool.

I rate Golbat 6/10 ... Good pokemon if you can teach it fly, but it is nothing special.

I rate Crobat 11/10 ... Ok so I am biased on this one. But it is fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Bellossom is my favourite; I may have to borrow this concept at some point.

    I'm very surprised at your enjoyment of Zubat and especially Crobat, that guy is such a creeper. Get yer Miltank out!

    ReplyDelete