Monday 13 December 2010

The Quest for Chinese Food

I may be corrected exactly on this, but I believe Big G and Ricky left Brixham at around 2 o'clock with cravings for chinese food. They ventured to Paignton because they felt that it was more likely that a chinese was open at lunchtime there. They first went to The Magic Bowl- which was closed. Damn.

They gave me a ring and came to pick me up from my house, and so I joined the quest to find a chinese that was open. After a while we left my house and headed towards the waterside area of Paignton because we knew there was a few places there.

The first stop was Jade Palace, and then Alans Cantonese takeway. Both of Which were closed. Damn.

So we gave up on Paignton giving us anything that was open. Everything didn't open until 5. We then decided to drive back to Brixham to check out the Sampan takeaway and Wongs House. Both of which were closed. Damn.


That was the last straw, so we just decided to go back to Big G's house and wait. When the clock struck 5, we decided after a 3 hour wait we were still going to get chinese and left the house again. Spoiled for choice after having looked and most of the chinese shops in the area, we decided to go for Alans Cantonese takeaway because we missed Alan O'Brien.

Finally, we made it into the takeaway. We were actually very much delighted, but there is a reason why Ricky and Big G don't look particularly pleased. this was about my 15th attempt at taking a picture which was actually in focus. My camera on my phone is very prone to shaking and blurring photographs. Alans was very good, I would recommend it.

2 comments: