Sunday 3 January 2010

2010...

So this is certainly strange. This blog is being transmitted from Orlando international airport! One of the odder locations i may add.

So, how are you doing 2010? Having fun being the new year and such? Good, good. But lets not forget about 2009, what a year. So what happened to me in 2009?

  1. Churston: Well, my first section of 2009 was spent at churston grammar school. I had a great time with friends and stuff at that school, and as strange as it sounds, I will genuinely miss that place. All that arsing around with Alan and Wade in the music and art room. Me and Wade got caught with a gun in school, that was fun too. See further back in the blog for what that was all about! Also, my A levels turned out great. We even turned the 6th form room into a barn for the last day, complete with hay and all. The worst part was parting with my dearest friends, that is tough. But hey, I still see them now and then.
  2. Music: Music was big thing for me in 2009. My tastes have drastically altered. I have stopped listening to DragonForce, much to the delight of some of my peers. I have also discovered my love of all jazz and swing, and have decided on Michael Buble as inspiration. I now have a severe dislike for R and B, because lets face it is both overplayed and overrated. I have discovered a whole bunch of new bands like the Royal Crown Revue, but most notably was the only NES-rock band in existence, the amazing 'I fight Dragons'.
  3. Battery Powered Rock!: Needless to say my adventure with Battery Powered was amazing. Mates first, band later. We got serious a bit, and played our first big gig at the room upstairs in January. Since then we went from strength to strength, playing in yet more churches and drinking yet more Flanders beer. I was also introduced to RIcky Moysey, such an awesome guy. Many of his catchphrases live on, as I proudly announce that my word of the year is without a doubt PINEHOUSE.
  4. The summer of 09: Unfortunately I did nothing significant in the summer. But, I would not change it for the world. I set out to have a break and just go with it, arsing about with my friends for the whole time. We had parties, endless lie ins and some more flanders beer. And of course, who could forget the fabled Battery Powered plus Ricky camping trip in Churston woods during a rainstorm!
  5. Clothes: My clothing has also changed. I have now found myself and continuously wear superhero or game based clothes with undershirts and stuff. I dunno, its just the stuff I buy. I wore purple shoes all of last year, and now that I have a new pair of purple shoes, I intend to do exactly the same this year. I have also decided that my favourite colour is green.
  6. Hair Dye: Last year was the first time I ever dyed my hair. I went for a combination of auburn and purple. It was a success for me and many of my friends thought it was 'fly' but I never managed to convince my mother. I also grew my long hair back for the first time since the end of year 10 (bad times, you should see the pictures). It is now cut off, but I intend to grow it back blonde again.
  7. University: Well, I am now at Bath University, studying Chemistry and I can tell you its quite hard. I have met a lot of new friends, most notably Oli and Phil, with who I share a house with and hopefully will share a house for the 2nd year. We have formed a preliminary band called the Half time Pies, but as of yet we have no complete songs. We have a few on the go, and already more fans on Facebook than Phil's local football team, Armagh city! Those two guys have been my source of entertainment so far, they are both awesome. I also badly injured my back falling 9 feet off a bouncy assault course, for which I got a mention in the University paper. I am displeased to say that my back is still not better.
  8. Alan grew a beard: we all new he was capable, but now it is finally here. Look forward to seeing him soon.
  9. The Circus: I got loads better at juggling and unicycling, and since joining the circus skills association at Bath I have improved dramatically. I am now on the commitee as equipment secretary, and I'm trying to work my way up to juggling 5 balls. My unicycling is the thing that has improved the most though, I spent a lot of the summer down at the local skate park going off the drops and ramps! I even played my first game of unicycle hockey!
  10. Running: Last year I took part in many races at county level, most notabl winning the club mile by 1 or 2 seconds. I did my first 10 mile race, and did a few 10k races as well. Unfortunately, I missed out on my local 10k race, the torbay 10k, because... I pulled a muscle in my arse when I was asleep the night before. I also ran my first race with a hangover. Not fun I might add, but the Battery Powered gang may disagree because we did have a laugh the night before! 

Interestingly, this part was typed in Atlanta airport, Georgia. And so that was my year. Just a few quotes that have stuck with me:
  • It was pretty basic
  • Pinehouse!
  • Pub?
  • Gloin?
  • Do it, fagwa
  • Fancy a wee bevy? (Phil will understand)
  • You can't stop the Battery Powered rock
  • Good thing I went to the Gym...
  • Not in front of Mrs. Wade!
  • Spider-pig, spider-pig
  • One beer please (BP will understand)
And thats it. My blog will continue throughout this year, I hope some cool stuff happens so that I can blog about it! There you have it. Such was the year of me.

    2 comments:

    1. Just read all these and on the eve of my return to Bath. Great reading, JD, Florida looked rather fun and all in all some entertaining bloggery.

      ReplyDelete