Sunday 3 January 2010

Gingerbread House!

Today was shopping day. As you know, I tend to spend much of my christmas money on clothes for the year (I am currently wearing Atari sleep pants). The last shop on the list was one called 'Walgreens' that sells like camera batteries, sweets, magazines, sunglasses and other touristy stuff as well as bread and milk. I had no business in there, so I just sat in the car and listened blissfully to Michael Buble singing Let it snow.

Some time later, Jason came back to the car carrying a box. He held it up to the window and it was none other than a 'Gingerbread house kit'. You know, one of those...

He pulled open the door and out of breath, with a smile on his face, he gasped "Gingerbread house kit... 5 dollars! ... Mum said it was a waste of money... I was like no its not! no its not!".
You get the idea.

Well, we got home and he began his master craftsmanship. Complete with the gingerbread, icing, and various sweet decorations and little gingerbread men, he set to work.



First of all, He built the actual house.



He then started the decorations. It is fair to say that making it look like 'what it looks like on the box' is much harder than it looks, as it usually is with everything. Well here was the finished article.



I have to say, there are certain brilliant artistic touches that Jason has added to the gingerbread house that uplifts it from art, to masterpiece. My favourite of all had to be this.



Thats right, there is a gingerbread man stuck onto the roof for no apparent reason. When I asked Jason what the deal was with the Gingerbread man on the roof, he simply said, "Oh, he's dead." I thought this was lovely.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments: