Sunday 3 January 2010

They can't even make cheese

I have been in the states for one day and already I am painfully reminded of the Amercian's inability to make cheese or bread. There is just something wrong with the cheese, I mean, look at the colour. That weird orangey colour to the cheese suggests that it has not been made using the proper techniques or ingredients. By proper, I of course mean British.

Even worse, is their frankly poor attempt at bread. Bread is supposed to be a savoury item. And yet here they are under the impression that it has to be over preserved and sweet, just like all amercian 'savoury' food. As a result of their gross misinterpretation of the meaning of 'good bread' all the bread here is way too soft and they actually use honey as an ingredient. You say, oh, that sounds quite nice... but not if your trying to make a cheese or ham sandwich that does not taste like it was sat on and then soaked in syrup.

However, I'm not a hypocrit, and will openly admit that we brits really make a hash out of making root beer. Now, root beer is my favourite fizzy drink ('soda') and so to spare myself the pain I only buy it from America. I don't care if its a dollar or 3 dollars, it still tastes better than our sorry attempts. For those of you who dont know, root beer tastes like a mix of Dr Pepper and Calpol (that kids medicine), and for some reason I love it. The british stuff hardly tastes of Calpol at all, so I'm like 'whats the point'.



I have been here 2 days and have already had maybe 3 litres. Unhealthy, I know, but I have to drink a wasted years worth. Haha and look at how they spell litre.

No comments:

Post a Comment