Thursday 21 January 2010

My Campaign for Cress Rights

As many of you may know, there is rapidly growing internet phenomenon known as 'Barry the Cress'. He is a steadily growing pot of cress that has achieved much media attention thanks to his carer and dear friend Karys Munns.

He has received a lot of positive feedback from friends and fans, spurring him on to get bigger and taller. Comments have been posted on the like of social networking site 'Facebook' and also on Karys's blog. As far as we are all aware, Barry has appreciated this.

However, I see a slightly more sinister side to this. Quoted directly from Karys's blog comes the statement "one day he will be hip enough to be in a sandwich".
When pointed out to regular blog follower Phil Murphy, he seemed outraged. He preceded to rant, "You wouldn't kill your friend, or pet and eat them. Imagine that, stroking your pet cow and being affectionate only to kill and eat it. Its not right."

I have to say I agree. Barry has become an icon. He is loved by many fans. You wouldn't eat Karys if she was made of cress. which brings me to my campaign poster. See below.



If you wish to join the campaign, please host the campaign poster on your website or blog. Awareness of cress rights is the key to success here.

2 comments:

  1. As I don't eat much cress I'll have to join the calls of "save Barry"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DONT WORRY BARRY. I'LL SAVE YOUU!

    ReplyDelete